Monday, July 2, 2007

Potato and Veggie Bake


Stolen from http://mecookingcreations.blogspot.com/



First I took a potato (baking potato) and threw it in the mic for 8 minutes, flipping it over halfway through. Once it was done I chopped it into bite-sized pieces and threw them into a small baking dish.

In the meantime I chopped a tomato, steamed some frozen broccoli and cauliflower, chopped just a little bit of onion, and got out some roasted garlic that I never used yesterday. I melted butter in a small pan, added the onions for a few min, then added flour. Once it became thick, I added some cream (about 1/3 of a cup) and let it come to a simmer. Once it did, I threw in some grated asiago, pecorino romano, and Parmesan cheeses as well as some red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. I put the veggies and roasted garlic into the cheese sauce, and then poured the entire thing over the potatoes.

To get some protein, I mixed in some MorningStar Farms Recipe Crumbles (fake ground meat). I think this would also work with browned ground beef, ground turkey, or even chunks of chicken. Otherwise it's just a nice side.

Once it was all assembled I baked it on 400 for about 15 minutes. The result - a tasty, easy, comfort-food dinner in one dish!

0 comments:

Blogger port by Blogger Templates
Visionary theme by Justin Tadlock

Visionary WordPress Theme by Justin Tadlock Powered by Blogger, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform