Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pumpkin Bread!


In honor of my combination pumpkin and baking phases, I decided to make some pumpkin bread. Tomorrow night I'm planning on making pumpkin ravioli, but Greg took too long to get to the store for me to make the raviolis tonight soooooo I settled for pumpkin bread. It's in the oven now so I'll update you later to tell you how amazing it it (you know it's going to be good) and I promise to take pics, which reminds me I still need to put the pics of last weeks cookie craze up.

I got this recipe from nestie bakingblond, I have no idea where she got it

Pumpkin Bread

1/2 cup oil (canola or vegetable) - I used vegetable
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling) ehh I used pumpkin pie filling because that's what I had
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup toasted chopped nuts (optional, like pecans or walnuts)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Lightly spray with PAM (or grease and flour) a loaf pan.

In a large bowl wisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmet. Set aside.

In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the oil, pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar and eggs until combined. Carefully mix in the flour mixture and stir until well blended. (fold in nuts if using)

Gently pour and spread the battter evenly into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 40-60 mintues or until the top of the loaf springs back slightly when gently pressed. Cool in pan for 10-20 minutes and transfer to rack to cool completely.

0 comments:

Blogger port by Blogger Templates
Visionary theme by Justin Tadlock

Visionary WordPress Theme by Justin Tadlock Powered by Blogger, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform